10 February 2019
1. We are pleased to inform you that you can now register and make any and all kinds of payments to the NBA on the new NBA online payments portal. The pilot projects are the Bar Practice and Verification Fees but this would be extended shortly to include other fees.
2. The benefits of the NBA portal include the following:
• Increased efficiency and seamless and instant payments (of all kinds) to the NBA including Bar Practice Fees.
• Ease of payments to NBA by and from lawyers and other stakeholders. Payments can be made online, both within and outside Nigeria.
• Enhanced use of technology for the efficient administration of the Bar and provision of services. The benefits include real-time information and data gathering.
3. Kindly click on (https://nigerianbar.org.ng/portal/) to login to the new NBA portal.
Follow the steps below to register:
I. An email has been sent to the email address of verified lawyers only, which states that an account has been created for you. The email contains an activation code link to set up your password.
II. If the activation link sent to your email expires, please click on https://nigerianbar.org.ng/portal/request-password-reset, enter your Supreme Court (SC) number and follow the instructions to reset your password.
III. Once password reset has been done successfully, kindly click on https://nigerianbar.org.ng/portal/login to login to your account.
IV. Upon successful login, kindly click on the menu tab to view the list of functionalities available. For Desktop users, the menu tab is located at the top, and for mobile users, it is located on the left side.
V. All unverified lawyers should visit https://nigerianbar.org.ng/portal/verification to begin the verification process.
5. A process flow diagram is attached to this message for your assistance.
6. Additional Information
Below is the list of menu options and their descriptions:
a. Profile: This shows your information with NBA.
b. ICLE: This shows your courses and points accrued, currently uploaded.
c. Payments: This shows your online payment history and your status for Bar Practicing Fees, Verification and Stamp Requests.
d. Bar Practicing Fees: This helps you compute your bar practicing fees for the current year and other previous years. This is also where you make payments for your practice fees.
e. NBA Affinity Card: This helps you request your NBA affinity card.
f. Insurance Cover: This helps you request insurance cover.
Paul Usoro, SAN