1. My attention has just been drawn to social media reports of this morning on the purported query issued by the NBA to Aliyu Umar, SAN over his prosecution of the Charge against Honorable Mr. Justice Walter S N Onnoghen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria before the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
POSTPONEMENT OF ELECTIONS
The Nigerian Bar Association is confounded by and disappointed with the postponement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (“INEC”), in the wee hours of this morning, of the elections that were scheduled to hold today...
FRN V ONNOGHEN – CODE OF CONDUCT TRIBUNAL
Ahead of the adjourned proceedings in the above-named matter before the Code of Conduct Tribunal ("CCT”), scheduled for tomorrow, 13 February 2019, the Nigerian Bar Association again urges the Executive arm of the Federal Government of Nigeria (“FGN”)...
NBA ONLINE PAYMENTS PORTAL
We are pleased to inform you that you can now register and make any and all kinds of payments to the NBA on the new NBA online payments portal. The pilot projects are the Bar Practice and Verification Fees but this would be extended shortly to include other fees.
NBA NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR THE MONITORING OF THE 2019 NATIONAL ELECTIONS
I am pleased to announce the constitution of a Committee, at the National NBA Level, made up of the underlisted members, to monitor and report on the 2019 National Elections.
More Articles ...
- RULE OF LAW AND THE LEADERSHIP CRISIS IN NIGERIA’S JUDICIARY
- COUP AGAINST THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY AND SUSPENSION OF THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION
- NBA 2019 ANNUAL GENERAL CONFERENCE – TECHNICAL COMMITTEE FOR CONFERENCE PLANNING
- DISCONTINUE ONNOGHEN CJN’S CCT TRIAL FORTHWITH! FOLLOW DUE PROCESS AND UPHOLD THE RULE OF LAW