NBA NATIONAL ELECTIONS 2020 – PUBLICATION OF SECOND INTERIM/PROVISIONAL VOTERS REGISTER
Further to the ECNBA Publication of the Provisional list of Voters in the NBA 2020 National elections, on the 30th day of May 2020, the committee received an upsurge of correspondences from individual members of the Bar and Branches with respect to the eligibility of members for the voters Register. It was however observed that although the ECNBA gave a deadline for Branches to submit the necessary information of their members who are eligible to vote and also prescribed the format, many still chose to ignore the directions, while some complied only after several calls from the ECNBA to them, some other Branches never responded up till the close of business on Friday 19th June 2020. Due to the continuous complaints from members and fears expressed about being disenfranchised, the ECNBA thought it necessary to give another opportunity, albeit a very short window, for eligible members to confirm that their names are captured on their Branch lists. However, it was noticed that some branches submitted lists containing names of some of their members without proof of payments of their branch dues, the affected names were accordingly extracted and omitted from the second provisional lists appearing hereunder.
It should however be noted that the ECNBA does not intend to reopen the process of compilation of names, due to the constraints and timelines stipulated by the NBA Constitution. There must be an end to this process in order to make progress.
It has been observed that the following Branches either did not submit their lists in the prescribed form or failed to send evidence of payment as directed, As such only names of their members verified using the stamp and seal lists will be utilized for the elections. These Branches include: Ungogo, Mubi, Jalingo, Iwo, Mbano-Etiti, Ugwuashi-Ukwu, Owerri, Bukuru, Afikpo, Epe and Ikirun.
The ECNBA hereby publishes a Second Provisional Voters list for members to confirm their names on the list. Those whose names are omitted are expected to send their details with proof of payment of Branch Dues within 48 hours of this publication to the account email@example.com Please note that any mails or messages sent after 6PM on Tuesday 23rd June 2020 will not be attended to.
NOTE that this provisional list is still undergoing screening and scrutiny therefore any name wrongly listed will be delisted in the final voters register.
The ECNBA hereby request all eligible voters to immediately verify their details on the NBA Website to be able to vote in the elections.
To be verified means that all the member’s necessary and relevant data (particularly phone numbers, email address, postal and home address) are with the Nigerian Bar Association. For you to vote, you are required to maintain an active portal on the NBA website:
(a) For members who have not previously been verified:
2. Click on the Get Verified Option and do the following:
- Enter your email address correctly and complete the verification form;
- Upload a soft copy of your call to bar certificate;
- Patiently wait for a confirmation email from the NBA, which will contain your Supreme Court enrolment number and a temporary password (that you can always change at your convenience).
3. Upon receiving a confirmation email from the NBA indicating that you have been successfully verified, do the following:
- Go back to the NBA Membership Portal page;
- Copy your enrolment number and password from the confirmation email and enter same on the portal as login details to avoid errors;
- Ensure you type both the alphabets and figures of your Supreme Court Number together without space (E.G.: SCN111111).
(b) For members who have previously been verified but unable to login:
2. Click Forgot Password
3. Enter Your Supreme Court Number and follow the instructions.
Dated this 21ST Day of JUNE 2020
TAWO E. TAWO, SAN
Click the link below to view the voter's list