DORCAS NNENNAYA NGWU (Mama Bar).
FOR THE POST OF FINANCIAL SECRETARY NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION IN THE 2018 GENERAL ELECTION.
My dear distinguished seniors and colleagues, I great you all.
My name is Dorcas Nnennaya Ngwu, Esq, I Graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (Enugu Campus) with Bachelors of Law BL in 2004, attended the Nigerian Law School Abuja, and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2006 with the Supreme court Roll Number 051644, Am a Private legal practitioner, happily married with children, and an active member of the Nigerian Bar Association National as the Assistant Financial Secretary (Outgoing) and at Bwari Branch level the Past Welfare Officer.
I am the Principal Partner of Wills Chambers registered under the corporate affairs Commission, with the Address Suit 223 Anbeez Plaza opp CAC Wuse Zone 5 FCT Abuja.
I hereby declare my Intention to serve you as the FINANCIAL SECRETARY of the Nigerian Bar Association National, I assure you that I am dully qualified to serve you in this capacity having been tested and trusted at both National and Branch Level.
I believe that I have the capacity and experience needed for the post of Financial Secretary.
I have attended National Executive Committee meeting in various states Minna, Warri, Aba, Akwa-ibom and Kano (NEC), served also as Law week Committee, Anti-corruption Committee and Advisory Committee in Bwari Bar Abuja.
I have also participated in different workshop/ seminars organized by the Nigerian Bar Association in “ Prudent Management and Handling of clients fund as a means of restoring integrity, standard confidence in the Legal Profession” 2014, Anti-corruption Laws and enforcement 2013, Section of Legal Practice 2018, Section of Business Law, Section of Public Interest and Development Law SPIDEL) with the Theme; Adopting Nigerians Federalism to a time of rising insecurity.
I served as a volunteer in the INEC General Election 2011 and also as a delegate in the Nigerian Bar Association 2014 Election.
Since my call to Bar, I have attended Annual General Conferences organized by the Nigerian Bar Association in Abuja, Kaduna, Calabar, Port Harcourt and Owerri.
Professional bodies belong to includes
Nigerian Bar Association (NBA). Member Association of Professional Negotiation and Mediator (ADR), Member Global Association of Female Attorneys (GAFA) International Federation of Woman Lawyers (FIDA) Associate Member Institute of Chartered Mediators and Reconciliator ( ICMC)
Distinguished learned colleagues, this is about quality, passion and effective service to humanity of which I have an invaluable experience, particularly having served as the Assistant Financial Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association.
My Learned colleagues, I am persuaded that I am capable of projecting a good and positive image of the Association to the Public. You will agree with me that Finance is an important aspect for the growth of every organization.
Therefore if given the opportunity to serve as the Financial Secretary Nigerian Bar Association, I propose to do the following.
1) To be in constant touch with the branches and their officers to ensure that all their members pay their Annual dues, Practicing fees, subcriptions and levies as and when due.
2) To visit Branches as a financial Secretary and also check their records of payments.
3) To compile and circulate the list of members who have paid or are in defaults in respect of their practicing fees in each year and take steps to circulate the list at Annual General Meeting, the National Executive Committee, in the various courts in the country, Corporate Affairs Commission and statutory bodies as may be decided from time to time by the National Executive Committee.
4) To collect and pay all monies of the Association to the Treasurer promptly and keep records of such receipts and payments.
5) To perform all other duties assigned by the President or the National Executive Committee or the Annual General Meeting.
I therefore most sincerely and humbly ask for your support and votes to serve you as Financial Secretary in the forth coming July 2018 Nigerian Bar General Election.
Thanks and God bless you all.
Dorcas Ngwu (Mama Bar).
For Financial Secretary Nigerian Bar Association.