CHUKWUMA- OKAFOR OBIANUJU MARY
Dear Learned Seniors/Colleagues,
My name is Obianuju Mary Chukwuma – Okafor (Mrs.) fondly called (Uju). I am a graduate of the University of Nigeria Enugu Campus and was called to the Nigerian Bar in the year 2000. I have since engaged in full time private legal practice. I am happily married with children.
I joined the NBA Badagry Branch when it was a forum and worked assiduously with other members to ensure its registration and inauguration as a full Branch in 2012.
I have sustained my passion for service to the Bar and have in the process served Badagry Branch of NBA in various capacities notable of which are:
1. Member Law week Planning Committee - 2011
2. The pioneer Treasurer of the Branch - 2012 - 2014
3. The immediate past Secretary of the Branch - 2014- 2016
4. NEC Representative Badagry Branch - 2014 – 2016
The records of my achievements and services as both Treasurer and Secretary of NBA Badagry Branch are verifiable.
At the NBA National Level, I have among others served as:
i. Member of the Technical Committee on Conference Planning 2015
ii. Member NBA INEC Observer at the last Nigeria General Election 2015
iii. Member of the Technical Committee on Conference Planning 2016.
MY PROGRAMMES &VISION:
When elected as the Treasurer of our great Association I shall work in harmony with the President to ensure that the President’s programs are actualized by my performing the under listed:
1. Uphold the provisions of Section 5(h) (i-vii) of the NBA 2015 constitution (as amended).
2. Introduce electronic payment portal for ease of payment of Bar practice fee by distinguished members from the comfort of their offices and homes.
3. Early reconciliation of budget and prompt remittance of the 10% respectively on Bar Practice Fee and Welfare scheme to Branches.
4. Raising the standard in Principal accountability in financial records of the Bar with an eye for detail.
5. Generally to carry out other responsibility as may be assigned by the NBA President.
6. And I hope to introduce other financial packages that will meet the yearnings of all distinguished members of our great association.
Obianuju Mary Chukwuma–Okafor