Pursuant to the provisions of Rule 10, Rules of Professional Conduct for Legal Practitioner 2007, the NBA introduced stamps for Lawyers as approved by the NBA NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (NEC) meeting held on 14th November, 2014 at Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
Lawyers are hereby required to affix their STAMP on every legal document prepared and/or endorsed in accordance with law. The use of the stamps became mandatory from the 1st Day of April, 2015.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STAMP APPLICATION
• A photocopy of Call to Bar Certificate (If not yet verified)
• Means of identification ( International Passport, Driver’s license, or National Identity Card- If not yet verified)
• Proof of payment of Bar Practice Fees for the current year.
• Proof of payment of branch dues.
• Evidence of change of Name (If Any)
• Proof of non-refundable Administrative fee of N2,000 (If not yet verified)
• Proof of payment for number of Stamps needed.
Please note that all the above listed documents should be attached to the NBA Stamp application form before submission.
Application forms for the Stamp can be downloaded from the NBA website www.nigerianbar.org.ng
The completed forms must be endorsed by the Chairman of the NBA Branch (one of the125 NBA Branches) to which the Lawyer belongs.
PUBLIC PRACTICE (RED STAMP) PRIVATE PRACTICE (GREEN STAMP)
·Option I- Pack of 96 Stamps (4 Sheets) N 4,000:00 (Four Thousand Naira)
·Option II- Pack of 48 Stamps (2 Sheet) N3, 000:00 (Three Thousand Naira)
·Option III- Pack of 24 Stamps (1 Sheet) N1, 500:00 (One Thousand Five Hundred Naira)
Payment for the NBA Stamp should be made into:
BANK: ACCESS BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0694192920
Please note that, a lawyer’s enrolment number as verified and captured in the computerized in the NBA database is a pre-requisite for the issuance of Stamp.
The Stamps would be delivered via the Branches and Access Bank Branches Nationwide as soon as your application is completed.
For Further Enquiries, Please Contact:
The National Secretariat Abuja on 08130250565, 08175751180, 08039177886